This Chopped Detox Salad is great if you're looking to give your body a break from heavy meals sometimes. It’s filling and nourishing, too!
Chopped Detox Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chopped Detox Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, de-stemmed and chopped (or parsley)
- 1/2 cup raw hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
For the Citrus Avocado Dressing:
- Flesh from 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger (or powdered)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Prepare Chopped Detox Salad [Vegan]
- In a food processor, shred the cauliflower, kale, cabbage, carrots, onion, and cilantro.
- Add to a large bowl and mix together. Then fold in hemp hearts, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the citrus dressing and blend until well combined.
- Keep the salad and dressing separate until ready to serve so it doesn't get soggy in the refrigerator for leftovers throughout the week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1531 | Total Carbs: 184 g | Total Fat: 74 g | Total Protein: 64 g | Total Sodium: 1611 g | Total Sugar: 102 g Per Serving: Calories: 766 | Carbs: 92 g | Fat: 37 g | Protein: 32 g | Sodium: 806 mg | Sugar: 51 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.