hey are the easiest yummy treat to make, besides they are full of healthy nutrients and refined sugar free. The waffles themselves are actually totally sugar free, if you use a sugar-free sweetner! On the other hand, for those of you are ready to indulge, go a head and add some vegan ice cream or even some vegan whipped cream!
Chocolate Waffles [Vegan]
For the Gluten Free Flour:
- 1 1/2 cup Brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot powder
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups Plant based milk (Oat milk works well)
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil Cold pressed
- 1/4 cup Erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten free flour blend (or gluten free flour of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon Grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
For the Chocolate Syrup:
- 60 gr Dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk Canned
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
To Make the Flour Blend:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
To Make the Waffles:
- Mix the milk with vinegar and let it sit for 10min to activate,
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil in a double boiler above steam, add it to the milk and stir.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When ready combine all together by mixing gently until smooth and let it sit for 10min.
- Preheat your waffle maker to a medium setting.
- When ready, lightly brush with oil.
- Fill your waffle maker measuring cup full and pour the batter in.
- After you receive signal, open the lid, but close it again after few seconds for another minute.
- When you receive another signal, careful remove with plastic thongs and spatula.
- When ready, serve right away with strawberries and chocolate syrup.
The Chocolate Syrup:
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler above steam.
- When ready, take it off the heat, add milk and whisk well until smooth.Add maple syrup and repeat.