If you love chocolate, caramel, pecans, and healthiness; then this recipe is your new BFF. But I thought I was your new BFF, so we're gonna have to have a talk about that.
Chocolate and Salted Date Caramel Cups With Pecans [Vegan]
For the Chocolate:
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or date paste
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or cacao butter, melted
For the Date Caramel:
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Water, as needed (I used about a 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (optional)
- To make the chocolate: mix all ingredients until smooth and ridiculously delicious-looking. I highly recommend adding other ingredients like mesquite powder, sea salt, vanilla, or anything else that could take this to another level! Spread the chocolate love out on some wax paper (or if making chocolate chips - dollop on with a spoon or icing bag) and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Coat the bottom and sides of cupcake papers with 1/2 the chocolate, then place a couple pecans in the bottom of each and put in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- To make the date caramel: blend all the ingredients together until smooth, adding water as needed. Scoop into your cupcake papers, then pour on the rest of the chocolate and top off with a pinch more of Himalayan salt and a pecan.