Rich, crunchy and sweet, these chocolate peppermint crunch cups are full of smooth, peppermint-infused coconut butter! The candy canes are optional, which means that this recipe could easily be enjoyed year round. However I think the candy canes add the perfect extra "oomph" to these cups.
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Candy canes, crushed
- Line a mini muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high until melted and stir until smooth. Add the brown rice crisp cereal and stir to incorporate.
- Spoon chocolate cereal mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing down firmly. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- If coconut butter is hard, microwave for a few seconds until warm and runny. Stir in peppermint extract. Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of coconut butter on top of each of the chocolate cups. Place back into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Distribute over the top of the chocolate cups evenly. Shake the pan gently so the chocolate will settle smoothly before sprinkling with crushed candy canes.
- Allow cups to set up in the freezer before removing from wrappers and storing in the fridge.