Today’s recipe is a throwback to childhood. Cereal treats are simple but special in the hearts of children and adults alike. In our town, we don't have a huge supply of vegan products, although I feel very fortunate we do have some. Vegan marshmallows are not something you can easily find at our supermarket. Nonetheless, I still wanted to create a cereal treat that my family would be sure to love. The combination of peanut-butter and chocolate give these cereal treats a candy-bar like quality. If you’re looking for something quick and easy for the kids, give these chocolate peanut-butter cereal treats a try.
Chocolate Peanut-Butter Cereal Treats [Vegan]
- 1 cup peanut-butter
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp vegan butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.In a large saucepan, add peanut butter, agave, sugar and vegan butter. Stir over medium heat until earth balance is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in puffed rice cereal.
- Stir in chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will melt giving the bars a chocolate color.
- Spread mixture into greased pan and press firmly down.
- Chill until firm.
- To make cutting easier let the cereal treats rest at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting, because they will be hard from chilling.
- You can cut them into squares, or fun shapes using cookie cutters!
- Chocolate Candy Bars & Treats
I think so, Elonor. Vegan spread.
What is earth balance in this recepie? I googled it, and a lot of different products showed up. Is it buttery spread?
Kelly J Caballero- Barney