This amazing combination of chocolate and orange in addition to the fact that these doughnuts are baked and not fried means that these are the very best doughnuts that you could make! Whip up some of these delicious treats.
Chocolate Orange Doughnuts [Vegan]
8 mini doughnuts
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 3/4 ounces sweetener (avoid artificial) or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soya milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Egg replacer (equivalent to 1 whole egg, follow the instructions)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Vegan orange chocolate (melted)
- Vegan white chocolate (melted – for drizzles)
- Vegan white chocolate buttons
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Then mix the wet ingredients together and pour into a saucepan, heat on a low heat until the butter has melted then add to the dry ingredients.
- With a fork mix both the wet and dry together until the liquid starts to turn to a dough-like consistency (it will still be liquidy but it’ll look as if it’s binding together).
- Using a spoon, evenly distribute the mixture into the doughnut mold.
- Pop in the oven for about 13 minutes – to tell if they are cooked put a toothpick into the middle of the doughnuts, and if the pick is clean then they’re done!
- Then ‘ice’, decorate and enjoy!