One quick bake that satiates the sweet cravings and that too without much guilt, is a Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake. The ease and quick gratification that comes with the mug cake makes it the ultimate comfort dessert.
Chocolate Mug Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 tablespoons water chestnut flour (or, all-purpose flour or, a blend of all-purpose flour and wholewheat flour if not baking gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil (any neutral oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons dark chocolate chunks (break the dark chocolate into small pieces) or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take all the dry ingredients in a large mug. Whisk with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chunks/chips) and stir well with a fork so that there are no lumps and you get a thick cake batter.
- Add chocolate chunks/chips.
- Bake in the middle rack for 12 minutes. Shift the mug to the lower rack and cook for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy warm mug cake plain or with a drizzle of ganache.
Bake in a large mug or else the batter will overflow.