This Mini Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake has two layers of delicious, moist chocolate cake, a layer of fresh homemade raspberry chia jam and covered in a rich, delicious fudge glaze.
Chocolate Fudge Cake [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/8 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease two ramekins with vegan butter or oil and lightly dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients before adding it to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into the two ramekins.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes for 5 minutes in the ramekins before flipping them out onto a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before frosting.
- To make the glaze, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, milk, and cacao powder to a boil. Stir frequently; then reduce to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir for another 5 minutes until the glaze has the right consistency.
- To assemble the mini cake: f your cakes bake up with domed tops, slice the top off using a long serrated knife to level them out.
- Spread a thick layer of raspberry jam onto the top of the first layer, cover with chocolate glaze, before placing the other cake on top of it. Glaze the whole cake with the chocolate glaze.
- Set the cake aside at room temperature until the glaze is set.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries and serve.