These Chocolate Frosted Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect little two-bite sized treat using my favorite pumpkin and chocolate combination. And it only took a few minutes to whip up the chocolate frosting so they were completely ready in about 30 minutes. These little guys are made without any flour, grains or dairy of any kind.
Chocolate-Frosted Pumpkin Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined granular sweetener
- 3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 9 tablespoons water)
- 2 pinches organic ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
For the frosting
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid, but not hot)
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Add all ingredients for the frosting to a small bowl and stir until well combined and it's creamy and smooth.
- Make sure the coconut oil is melted/liquid, but not hot (very important).
- Set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the cookies to a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to two 8-inch baking pans and spread evenly, using your fingertips to lightly flatten the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden on the top.
- Let the cookies cool completely before using the cookie cutter.
- Use your favorite cookie cutter (smaller sizes work best) and cut out and gently remove the cookies from the pan.
- Frost them with the chocolate frosting and put the cookies in the refrigerator for 15 - 30 minutes for the icing to harden a little.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator to keep the cookies crisp and the icing from getting soft.