There's so much flavor and texture happening in every bite of these chocolate-dipped ice cream tacos. You get the salty crunch of the taco shell, covered in smooth dark chocolate, the creamy banana ice cream — yum! For the filling, which you have two choices. The first is rich, chocolatey date sauce and the second option is tangy lemon curd — the choice of which filling you use is entirely up to you!
Chocolate-Dipped Ice Cream Tacos [Vegan]
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced and frozen bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon alcohol of choice/spirits (optional)
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1/3 cup carob chunks/chocolate of choice, melted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or nuts of choice, measured then shelled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
For the First Filling Option:
- 1/3 cup of dates, soaked for a few hours, then blended until smooth
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the Second Filling Option:
- 1/3 cup of lemon curd
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 crunchy taco shells
- Prepare your shells and place them upright in a loaf pan.
- Add more or less non-dairy milk until the ice cream is soft-serve consistency. If the ice cream is too stiff, you’ll have trouble not cracking the delicate taco shells.
- Spoon enough ice cream into the shell (up to the edges) to go halfway.
- Spoon in 1 heaped tablespoon of your filling of choice in the middle (not touching the sides where it could seep out), then top with the rest of the ice cream and up to the edges all round. Press in seeds and cranberries into the top of your ice cream.
- Place the shells in the freezer (in the loaf pan) while you make the chocolate.
- Melt your carob chunks or chocolate, then remove the shells from the freezer.
- With a teaspoon, drizzle chocolate along the edges of the taco shells. You can also cover the ice cream if you like a lot of chocolate.
- Return to the freezer for another 20 minutes or so before serving.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Hmmm, never seen those in Glasgow lol