If you're craving that old chocolate caramel bar favorite, here's a raw vegan one that's undoubtedly healthier and lighter on your body. Snack on these Chocolate Coco Mint Bars for a treat that's a bit different, but equally exquisite as the aforementioned.
Chocolate Coco Mint Bars [Raw Vegan]
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 cups dried coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (optional)
- 1-5 drops peppermint oil, as desired
- To make the chocolate layer: put the walnuts in a food processor and process until they turn into a powdery consistency. Add the dates and process until it all begins to get sticky. Add the cacao powder until fully incorporated. Press half this mixture into the bottom of a small lined bread pan and put in the fridge.
- To make the coco mint layer: put everything in the food processor and process until the dried coconut flakes turn into a crumbly buttery-like mixture; this can take a few minutes, so be patient. Press this mixture onto your first chocolate layer. Refrigerate for until it's solid. Add the remaining half of the chocolate mixture on top and press down evenly. Refrigerate until solid. Sprinkle with coconut flakes if you like. Slice and serve!