Vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bars are full of perfectly spiced pumpkin and loaded with chocolate chips. Healthy, gluten free and naturally sweet! All rich, fudgey, perfectly gooey, and they couldn’t be easier to make.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste (15 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup of paste)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until totally smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea puree, date paste, pumpkin puree, buckwheat flour, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until totally combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour the batter into a nonstick square pan.
- Bake the bars for 50 minutes - they'll firm up as they cool, but the center should not be super gooey when you take them out!