For this recipe, I wanted to provide a healthy, vegan and nutrient dense breakfast recipe, that would “trick” your mind into thinking that you’re indulging in something extra special, but you won’t actually be sacrificing your health in the process. I made a vegan, no-bake cookie dough using a blend of almond flour, quinoa flakes, almond butter, coconut oil and just hint of maple syrup for a low-glycemic, healthy cookie-like treat. We layer these cookie dough bites between two layers of a yogurt-chia mixture. Basically, each bite of this decadent breakfast is good for you! Which means no sugar crashes, no guilt, and no reaching for that unhealthy snack when you get to work.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons almond butter (any nut/seed butter will work)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 16oz container unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- Line a small 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process all the cookie dough ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) until a dough has formed. Pulse in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the baking pan, press and flatten until evenly spread throughout the pan. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove lid from yogurt and stir in chia seeds. Recover and place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready, remove both yogurt and cookie dough. Transfer cookie dough to a counter and chop into small, bite-sized pieces. Scoop one layer of yogurt into a small glass, followed by a layer of cookie dough bites, another layer of yogurt and one final layer of cookie dough.
- Repeat in other glasses/jars until no ingredients remain.
- Enjoy immediately!
I like to make the yogurt and cookie dough the night before, then just prepare my parfait in the morning and go!