These taquitos are awesome. They’re on the spicy side because of the chipotle peppers, and they’re also not quite as caloric as the traditional Mexican version because they’re baked instead of fried. Both things make them super tasty. Give them a try and see if you agree! These spicy chipotle lentil taquitos make the perfect snack, or even a light meal. They're packed with protein and flavor, and are super easy to make.
Chipotle Lentil Taquitos [Vegan]
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add lentils and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until lentils are tender and most of the broth is gone, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in pepper, salt, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and cilantro. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of lentil mix into tortilla, roll up tightly. Repeat until tortillas fill large baking dish.
- Brush tops of tortillas with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Top with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, or whatever you like.