With warm, caramelized brussels sprouts, fresh greens, tender sweet potato & crunchy smoked chickpeas – this bowl is finished perfectly with a creamy chipotle sauce to make for a smokey, hearty & filling protein rich meal.
Chipotle Green High-Protein Bowl [Vegan]
For the Chipotle Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
For the Chipotle Green Protein Bowl:
- 1 cup Chickpeas, canned or previously cooked
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Brussel Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make the cashew cream: Add all ingredients for the sauce to a high-speed blender and blend on high until creamy & combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of your bowl & keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- Make the bowls: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Toss on a baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crispy.
- Poke holes in the top of your sweet potato and drizzle with olive oil, place on a baking tray. On the same tray toss Brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Bake your sweet potato for 60 minutes or until tender, and your Brussel sprouts for 35-40 minutes or until charred slightly.
- Toss black beans with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Assemble your bowl and top with your crispy chickpeas, and high protein chipotle cashew cream.
- Brussels Sprouts