This salad, by The Kind Cook, is perfect for hot days! Serve it as a side with homemade pizza or take it as an offering to a BBQ. Just assemble it right before serving so that it is still super crunchy.
Chili, Mint, and Bean Shoot Salad [Vegan]
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
- 2 cups of fresh bean shoots
- 2 red capsicum, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves, washed
- 2 long red chillies, seeded and very finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of vegan fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and add to the bowl with the salad. Mix everything well to combine and serve immediately.
This recipe makes enough for 4 side serves. You can purchase vegetarian fish sauce from vegan grocery stores, online, and from some Asian grocers. Otherwise, simply replace it with 2 tablespoons of organic tamari or soy.