This light, refreshing sweet corn soup is the perfect palate cleanser, just in time for summer. Its versatile flavor allows it to be served as an intermezzo or as a small dessert. The soup will taste good if you overindulged on BBQ or potato salad-what-have-you at your next cook out.
Chilled Sweet Corn Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
4 small servings (4-6 oz each)
- 6 fresh ears of shucked corn
- 1 cup of unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- About 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup watermelon, cut into tiles (not cubes)
- 1/4 pint blackberries
- A handful of basil leaves
- Strip the corn and discard the cobs. Place the kernels, almond milk, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor.
- Pour liquid into a flour-sack cloth or nut-milk bag and strain out all the solids. Then, discard solids.
- Taste and add maple syrup as desired.
- Divide among serving cups and add watermelon, blackberry, and basil.