These flavorful vegan Chickpea Veggie Patties are great in a burger, with salads or as a side with your favorite vegetables. They are protein-rich, healthy and flavored by veggies, almond butter, herbs and spices.
Chickpea Veggie Patties [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Veggie Patties [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (540ml can)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (or other flour such as rice or spelt)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, grated
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
How to Prepare Chickpea Veggie Patties [Vegan]
- Dice onions, peppers and mushrooms. Mince garlic.
- Peel and grate the sweet potato.
- If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Heat oil in a medium pan. You can water sauté if you prefer.
- Add the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic to the pan. Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Add paprika, cumin and oregano. Sauté, stirring frequently for about 7 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas. They should still have some texture.
- Add the flour, tamari, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, flour, garlic powder, almond butter and veggies. Pulse again until the mixture comes together.
- Scoop chickpea mixture into 5 patties of about 1/2 cup each. You can also make these patties smaller if you would like to use them with salads etc.
- These patties can be baked at 375°F for about 15 minutes or Sautéed in a frying pan with a little oil.
- If frying, heat enough oil on medium heat to coat the pan. Add the patties. Fry for about 4 minutes on each side.
- If baking in the oven, bake for about 15 minutes, turning over about halfway through.
- You can make these patties in advance as part of meal prep and reheat them to add to meals throughout the week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.