Crispy veggies fried in a chickpea batter. Don't limit yourself to just zucchini and peppers, for these fried veggies, the sky's the limit!
Chickpea Veggie Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (or cayenne)
- 1/2 water
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pointed pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- Prepare the batter by combining all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Then whisk in the water. Add more if the batter is too stiff. Let it sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the zucchini into sticks and the pepper into rings.
- Heat up about 2 inches of canola oil in your deep fryer.
- Take your batter out of the fridge and whisk it again. Coat some of your veggies with batter and carefully place them in the oil. Make sure to not crowd your pan too much, so the veggies won’t stick to each other. They should be done and have a golden crust in about a minute.
- Carefully take them out of the hot oil and set on a paper towel to get rid of the extra oil.
- Grain-Free Flour