The vibrant lemon flavor with the crunch from the celery and bells peppers, coupled with the sweetness of the tomatoes and the flavor intensity of garlic and shallot, make this a healthy and delicious salad. It takes only minutes to prepare. Have this dish in the fridge ready for when hunger pangs strike. You’ll find it satisfying and easy to make a great nutritious choice. The healthy chickpea salad recipe is light, delightful and low in fat.
Chickpea Salad [Vegan]
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Roma tomato, diced finely
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 stalk of celery, diced finely
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 a large, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic or 1 large, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, approximately ½ a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if desired.