Delightfully crispy tofu cubes, coated with a well seasoned and nutritious chickpea flour batter makes for a powerful comfort food with a robust flavor. This will make you fall in love with tofu all over again. The recipe is super simple, and it consistently turns out amazing every single time.
Chickpea Fried Tofu [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 16-ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Oil for frying
- Mix chickpea flour, oregano, thyme, salt, chili flakes, and nutritional yeast in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and cover with the chickpea flour mix.
- Spread the olive oil and apple cider vinegar over the tofu cubes, massage with your hands or mix with a fork until the tofu cubes are all coated.
- Cook in a frying pan, turning a few times until it develops a golden-brown crust.
- Serve as a protein component alongside noodles, rice, veggies, salads...