Most dairy-free ricotta recipes are made from tofu or nuts — but if you're allergic or avoiding those ingredients, you can still get your cheesy fix. This yummy ricotta is made from marinated artichoke hearts and chickpeas that have been blended together with garlic, nutritional yeast, tahini, and lemon juice. It fits in perfectly wherever you would use ricotta like in lasagna, stuffed shells, or as a dip.
Chickpea Artichoke Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can artichokes, drained and rinsed
- In your food processor, mix everything except the artichokes until it is nice and smooth. Add olive oil if you need a smoother texture. Next, add in the artichokes and give it a few good turns. It's okay if it's chunky.
- Now, it's ready to use in your favorite lasagna, pasta bake, or just pull out some chips and carrots and enjoy it as a dip.