Most dairy-free ricotta recipes are made from tofu or nuts — but if you're allergic or avoiding those ingredients, you can still get your cheesy fix. This yummy ricotta is made from marinated artichoke hearts and chickpeas that have been blended together with garlic, nutritional yeast, tahini, and lemon juice. It fits in perfectly wherever you would use ricotta like in lasagna, stuffed shells, or as a dip.
Chickpea Artichoke Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Artichoke Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can artichokes, drained and rinsed
How to Prepare Chickpea Artichoke Ricotta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In your food processor, mix everything except the artichokes until it is nice and smooth. Add olive oil if you need a smoother texture. Next, add in the artichokes and give it a few good turns. It's okay if it's chunky.
- Now, it's ready to use in your favorite lasagna, pasta bake, or just pull out some chips and carrots and enjoy it as a dip.
Total Calories: 1337 | Total Carbs: 120 g | Total Fat: 83 g | Total Protein: 44 g | Total Sodium: 3633 g | Total Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.