It's a blast from the past with these chia rocket pops! When you fell at the park, these popsicles always found their way into your hands. Although chia rocket pops are still to stock the frozen aisle of the grocery store, they are incredibly easy to make at home! It takes only 15 minutes of prep for these rocket pops to take off. And they're probably one of the easiest layered treats, because you don't have to wait for one layer to freeze before continuing on to the next step. Plus, you get to say you MADE these to your friends!
Chia Rocket Pops [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 six-cavity popsicle mould
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup homemade almond milk (or store-bought), plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice), plus more if desired
- Pinch all-natural blue coloring powder, or blue spirulina powder
- Pinch all-natural pink coloring powder (like beet powder), or pink pitaya powder
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Star sprinkles for topping (optional)
- In a bowl add chia seeds and almond milk, stir to combine. Then, stir again after 3 minutes to stop chia from clumping. Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to allow chia to expand. (Optional to leave overnight)
- Remove chia from refrigerator and stir again to remove any clumps that have formed. Add splashes more almond milk if consistency is too thick - you want it to be regular chia pudding consistency. Add 3 tablespoons maple syrup for sweetness, plus more if desired. Then divide chia pudding equality into three separate bowls.
- Add a pinch of blue coloring powder to one of the bowls and stir to combine. (With my coloring I needed just the tiniest amount — maybe 1/8 teaspoon or less). Do the same with the pink coloring powder to another bowl, stirring to combine. Leave the final bowl without food coloring.
- Fill each of the six popsicle moulds one-third high with the pink chia pudding, next add the non-colored (white) chia pudding to be one-third high, and finally complete the popsicle by filling the remaining 1/3rd with blue chia pudding. Add a popsicle stick to the center of each, and place in the freezer to chill for 1-2 hours.
- When frozen, remove from freezer. Wait approximately 10 minutes before pulling popsicles out of moulds for easier removal. Optional to roll popsicles in sprinkle stars before serving.
- Chia Seeds