These butter pecan cookies are to die for! The vegan butter makes them chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They’re nice and sweet with pockets of melted chocolate chips and pecans to give them a nice nutty flavor and extra crunch. Serve them with an after-dinner tea or snack on them after lunch. You will be obsessed with these butter pecan cookies!
Chewy Butter Pecan Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the ground flax seeds and hot water and let stand for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Melt the earth balance buttery stick in a saucepot or in the microwave until it is just melted.
- Cool the butter slightly to lukewarm (you just don't want it hot) add to a mixing bowl with both sugars and beat on medium to low speed until it is all incorporated, less than 1 minute should do.
- Add the flax "egg" and mix to combine.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt and then add to the butter mixture and mix just to incorporate.
- Add the chocolate chips and pecans and mix to combine.
- Scoop cookies with a 1½ ounce or 2-ounce scoop onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Add a few chips and nuts to the tops before baking so they look really nice when they come out (trick of the trade!)
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until they are starting to get golden browned, be careful not to overbake these if you like soft chewy insides!
Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks (they will not last that long, that's a promise!)