For a healthy buttercup that looks adorable and tastes delicious, you must try this recipe! The chocolate encasing is made from raw cacao powder and coconut oil, the filling is made with soft dates, peanut butter, and coconut cream, and is studded with fresh cherries. Simple, raw, and scrumptious!
Cherry Caramel Kiss [Vegan]
For the Chocolate:
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup or other liquid sweetener of your choice
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup pitted soft dates
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- Make the chocolate first by mixing raw cacao powder, rice malt syrup, and coconut oil together. Make sure it’s completely mixed with no cacao powder lumps or separated oil. Pour half of the chocolate in moulds and pop them in the freezer. Set aside and leave the other half of chocolate for later.
- Place all the caramel filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. You might need to use more or less coconut cream, depending what kind of dates you use.
- Cut the cherries in half and remove the stones.
- Remove the moulds from the freezer and check that the chocolate is firm. Spoon a dollop of caramel in the molds over the chocolate. Add half a cherry on the caramel filling and carefully press it in. Place the chocolate cups back in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to firm up the caramel a bit. Once the caramel feels firm, pour chocolate on top and put them back in the freezer to set.
- Once the caramel is set, carefully remove the cherry caramel kiss chocolates from the moulds and serve.