Mmmmm…nothing gets the family running to the table quite like a big plate of beanballs. I assure you though, these balls taste way better than they sound. Truly. I couldn’t stop popping em. They are a new favorite of mine.
Cheezy BeanBalls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheezy BeanBalls [Vegan]
- 1-15 ounce. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup diced parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Cheezy BeanBalls [Vegan]
- Heat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with a nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Take the chickpeas and add to a food processor. Process until a thick mash is formed. Scrape down sides as necessary and leave a few chunks. (we aren't makin' hummus here!)
- Scoop the processed chickpeas into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix to combine. I found using my hands to mash together is the best way.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. When pan is hot add in beanballs and sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side. You want to get a nice crisp on the outside.
- Once ready transfer the balls to baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 766 | Total Carbs: 87 g | Total Fat: 33 g | Total Protein: 29 g | Total Sodium: 1141 g | Total Sugar: 2 g (Per Serving) Calories: 38 | Carbs: 4 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 57 g | Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.