Spicy roasted Brussels sprouts are the perfect topping to this creamy, cheesy chickpea soup. The key to unlocking the perfect balance of flavor in this soup is to adjust the seasonings to your liking. Once you've achieved your perfect flavor, serve it with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and enjoy.
Cheesy Chickpea Soup With Roasted Brussels Sprouts [Vegan]
For the Brussels Sprouts:
- 2 handfuls of Brussels sprouts, halved
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Soup:
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts with the flat side down, on a parchment paper covered oven tray. Add salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, until browned and soft.
- In a blender, add chickpeas, half of the water, and as much as you want of garlic, nutritional yeast, miso paste, pepper, and turmeric (start slow). Blend and give it a taste. Add more seasoning as needed, and add more water until you get the consistency you want.
- Heat on medium heat until the soup has just started to simmer. Remove from heat and serve with the Brussels sprouts and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.