There’s nothing like a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter's day to brighten your mood. So, just imagine how delighted your friends and family will be when you gift them this chai-spiced hot cocoa mix. It strikes the perfect balance between chocolatey, spicy, and sweet. This recipe is very simple, and if you don’t want to gift it, you can simply store it in a jar or air-tight container to enjoy in your home.
Chai Spiced Hot Cocoa Mix [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups cacao powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 3 tablespoons cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Vegan marshmallows (optional)
To Make the Hot Chocolate Mix:
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks. Add to a blender all of the ingredients except the marshmallows and uniform.
- Transfer to an airtight container or gift it in a mason jar.
To Make the Hot Chocolate:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the mix to 1 cup non-dairy milk. Heat in a pan until very hot but not boiling, whisking often. Top with vegan marshmallows.