This recipe is remarkable because of the depth of flavor – you get a hint of spice from red pepper flakes, anise from the tarragon, and a slightly sweet from the leeks. This exceptionally tasty ballet of flavors that will dance across your palate and straight onto your list of favorite recipes.
Roasted Cauliflower With Leeks and Tarragon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 large leek
- 2 celery stalks, cut at an angle
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and bake them for about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, sauté the leeks and celery in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil just until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the garlic and red peppers flakes and cook them until they're fragrant.
- Add in vegetable broth and cook it all for about 2 more minutes.
- Turn heat off and toss in the cooked cauliflower and tarragon.