The beauty of cauliflower fried rice is the fact that you are eating ALL VEGGIES even though it feels like a grain. I mean okay, it’s cauliflower, so yeah… it tastes like cauliflower… but barely. If you season this baby the right way, you’ll be fooling yourself. So eat as much fried “rice” as you want baby – because it is guilt-free!
Cauliflower Fried Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tbs sesame oil (more or less for preference)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (more or less for preference)
- Salt (optional)
- In 2-3 batches, use your food processor to “pulse” the florets. You don’t want to over-pulse it, because you want it to have that grainy-rice texture. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add sesame oil, onion, peas, and carrots. Sauté until cooked.
- Add your cauliflower rice to the mix and add your soy sauce – mix and cook over med heat – stirring frequently.
- Salt if you would like, but the soy sauce was enough for me. Your preference!
I added a bit more sesame oil, because I just love it so much. It’s all up to you.