A thin and crispy crust that is simple to make and so flavorful! This is one pizza that you won’t feel guilty eating like 4-5 slices. The more slices you eat, the more veggies you are consuming — right?
Cauliflower Crust Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer powder whisked in 6 tablespoons water (or use 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed meal)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- To taste salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until very small and rice like texture. Transfer to a bowl, add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well and spread on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time and smoothing back out on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg replacer mixture, brown rice flour, arrowroot flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked cauliflower and mix well combine.
- Whisk tahini with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Add this to the cauliflower mixture and form a compact ball.
- Place a parchment paper on the back of a baking sheet and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the dough ball in the center of the sheet and cover it with another parchment paper. Press lightly to flatten, roll it with a rolling pin into a 9-inch circle.
- Peel off the top parchment and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven. Turn it on to another baking sheet to bake the other side. Top the crispy top with your favorite toppings and bake for another 5 minutes or until the toppings are bubbling and the bottom is crispy too. Serve hot and enjoy!