You might polish off your entire batch of these cauliflower patties, they're that good. They are super tasty and are a great topping for salads, on veggie scrambles for breakfast, or just eaten as a quick snack. These cauliflower patties would also be tasty on a bun like a burger. They've got the perfect crunch and are packed full of protein from the chickpeas! You've got to try these chickpea cauliflower patties!
Cauliflower Chickpea Patties [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Chickpea Patties [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower florets, broken apart
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Cauliflower Chickpea Patties [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil or steam cauliflower until soft.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper over low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute or so.
- In a large bowl, smash chickpeas up well with a fork or the bottom of a cup.
- Add cauliflower and smash up as well.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined.
- The mix should be wet, but come together in a ball without falling apart.
- Carefully make a ball in your hands with the mix.
- Press ball between hands to make a patty.
- Place patty on oiled pan or baking dish.
- Continue with the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip the patties, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until browned.
Trade out the panko for flour or certified gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version.
Total Calories: 835 | Total Carbs: 161 g | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Protein: 37 g | Total Sodium: 858 g | Total Sugar: 26 g (Per Serving: serves 10 people) Calories: 83.5 | Carbs: 16.1 g | Fat: 0.8 g | Protein: 3.7 g | Sodium: 85.8 mg | Sugar: 2.6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.