This cauliflower and potato curry is simple and delicious. The rich, thick curry is punctuated by perfectly sautéed vegetables and the whole dish is bursting with flavor. This recipe is great for a dinner and heats up great for leftovers.
Cauliflower and Potato Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups medium or long grain brown rice (soaked overnight), rinsed, drained and cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes
- 1 13.6-ounce can coconut milk
- 2/3-inch piece of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Coriander, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the rice by following instructions on the packet.
- Place the coconut oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- When the pan gets hot, add the onion and sauté it for around 2 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower and potatoes and cook them for another 5 minutes, stirring them occasionally so the potatoes don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- In a high-speed blender, combine tomatoes, coconut milk, ginger, garlic, garam masala, turmeric, cashews, hot chili powder, and salt.
- Blend this until you reach a smooth and thick consistency, then add it to the saucepan. You can add some water if you want it a little runnier.
- Cook for around 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally. It's ready when the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with brown rice and garnish with coriander.