This cake takes simple ingredients and makes a beautiful cake! This cake is perfect for your holiday celebrations or even to serve at any special occasion!
Carrot Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 4 cups Whole grain spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cup Xylitol – Birch sugar
- 4 1/2 cups carrots (shredded, very finely)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin spice (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup Grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups Orange juice (preferable fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 cup walnuts crushed
For the Cashew Cream:
- 2 cups cashews (presoaked for 4 to 6 hours)
- 1 cup Canned coconut cream (cooled, including the coconut water)
- 1/2 cup Xylitol – Bitch sugar
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
For the Spiced Caramel:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Cut 7inch diameter circles out of parchment paper and line your cake forms. Brush the bottoms lightly with oil first, it will help the paper stick.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt & spice.
- Mix thoroughly and add carrots, oil, apple sauce and orange juice.
- Mix thoroughly again and divide into your forms into three equal portions.
- Place in the middle of the rack and bake for 45min or until the toothpick comes clean when you prick in the center.
- When ready, let it cool for a few minutes before taking out off forms.
- After, let cool on the rack completely and place into refrigerator overnight, before decorating.
To Make the Spiced Caramel:
- In a small pot, bring maple syrup to boil, add rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 min.
- Take it off the heat and transfer into small dish.
- Let it cool down for 10min.
To Decorate the Cake:
- Apply three 3/4 cups of cashew cream on bottom and middle cake layer and spread with spatula all the way to the edge.
- Place them on top of each other and the third layer one on top.
- Apply thin layer of cream on top and all around the cake.
- Decorate with piping bag and place into refrigerator.
- In the meantime, prepare your spiced caramel.
- When ready, carefully pour the caramel in the middle, you need less than 1/4 cup.
- Roast whole pecans on heated pan. Reduce the heat and stir with spatula so both sides turn golden. It will take only few minutes, so be careful, do not burn.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes and transfer into a blender. Grind by pressing pulse button. Make sure they remain chunky.
- Sprinkle on top of your cake most dense the center and serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile