Finally a pasta dish that you can feel good about eating in big quantities! This pasta is so luscious, and is filled with a wonderful mix of fiber, antioxidants, and heart-healthy fats.
Carrot Beet Angel Hair Pasta With Spicy Pistachio Pesto [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Beet Angel Hair Pasta With Spicy Pistachio Pesto [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 large beetroot, peeled 1 carrot
- 2 cups mixed greens
For the Pesto:
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil Pinch celtic sea salt
How to Prepare Carrot Beet Angel Hair Pasta With Spicy Pistachio Pesto [Vegan]
- Peel beetroot and wash thoroughly. Using a Vegetable Spiraliser, slice beetroot to form angel hair pasta.
- Soak beetroot in filtered water for 5 minutes with a pinch of Celtic sea salt.
- Rinse and repeat process 4 times until food colouring minimises.
- Slice carrot using the Vegetable Spiraliser.
- Place in large mixing bowl with beetroot and mixed greens.
- Place pesto ingredients, except olive oil, in mini prep and blend thoroughly.
- Drizzle oil into mini prep, at end of processing pesto ingredients, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Massage pesto mixture into salad thoroughly using hands.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and mint.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.