Finally a pasta dish that you can feel good about eating in big quantities! This pasta is so luscious, and is filled with a wonderful mix of fiber, antioxidants, and heart-healthy fats.
Carrot Beet Angel Hair Pasta With Spicy Pistachio Pesto [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 large beetroot, peeled 1 carrot
- 2 cups mixed greens
For the Pesto:
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil Pinch celtic sea salt
- Peel beetroot and wash thoroughly. Using a Vegetable Spiraliser, slice beetroot to form angel hair pasta.
- Soak beetroot in filtered water for 5 minutes with a pinch of Celtic sea salt.
- Rinse and repeat process 4 times until food colouring minimises.
- Slice carrot using the Vegetable Spiraliser.
- Place in large mixing bowl with beetroot and mixed greens.
- Place pesto ingredients, except olive oil, in mini prep and blend thoroughly.
- Drizzle oil into mini prep, at end of processing pesto ingredients, and blend for 30 seconds.
- Massage pesto mixture into salad thoroughly using hands.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and mint.
- Beet Recipes
- Grain-Free Pasta
- Italian Sauce Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile