The pie is elegant, decadent, and surprisingly easy to make. Carob and figs are perfect partners – carob flour has a chocolaty flavor and tons of calcium and these attributes are complemented by the dried figs sweetness and abundance of fiber. Not only is this cake perfectly balanced (both in the flavor department and the nutrition department), all you have to do is throw all the ingredients in a blender and the place it in the refrigerator to set.
Carob and Fig Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 15 dried figs
- 2 cups ground almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of carob flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- Line the base of a 6-8 inch springform pan with wax paper and then close the mould. Remove the extra paper that protrudes from the sides.
- In a blender, mix the figs into a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients and process them until a smooth and homogeneous paste forms.
- Spread the dough into the lined pan, pressing it down with your fingers or a spoon to make it look compact. Place it in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.