These cookies are marvelous - the perfect balance of cardamom and snickerdoodle! They are baked in a muffin tin so that they stay soft and moist for days after you make them! They are a win with kids, friends, family and pretty much everyone! Give them a go!
Cardamom Snickerdoodle Cookie Cups [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and set aside (you will roll cookies in this)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease mini muffin tins
- combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and flax egg and mix well.
- Dump in your dry ingredients and mix until combined
- let dough set in the fridge for 20 min (makes it easier to roll)
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll into a ball, then roll in the cinnamon sugar and place in mini muffin tins
- Bake for 11 minutes. Let rest 2 minutes in pan before removing. Enjoy!