Cacao, peanut butter, and oats come together to create these chewy bars of breakfast perfection. They are gluten-free, wholesome, rich, and perfect for busy mornings. Oh, and they all come together in just one bowl! Perfect.
Cacao Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars [Vegan]
For the Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup rolled, old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered cacao
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, divided
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or until desired consistency is reached
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and rub an 8x8-inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the mashed banana, coconut sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add in all the remaining bar ingredients, except the cocoa nibs, and stir until a thick batter forms. Then, stir in 3 tablespoons of the cacao nibs, reserving the rest for later.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining cacao nibs.
- Bake until lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them.
- Let them cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled, cut into squares. Mix the powdered peanut butter with the water and drizzle over the bars.