These pumpkin veggie balls are like any other energy bite, but they're jam-packed with good fats and with a little less dates. These are full of nutrients and seasonal flavor for a delicious, bite-sized snack on the go!
Butternut Energy Bites [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2/3 cup butternut squash
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter
- Start by combining all of the dry ingredients (this means all ingredients except the milk, nut butter and coconut butter) into a food processor.
- Process the dry ingredients for 1 minute until a crumbly dough has formed.
- Add your coconut butter, almond butter, and plant milk.
- Process for another minute until well combined.
- Freeze the dough for 10-20 minutes, then roll into 15 balls and lay flat on parchment paper and freeze for a few more hours or until hard.
Store in the freezer in an air tight container for up to 3 months. Best enjoyed slightly thawed. If you choose to make this recipe with the home cooked butternut pumpkin instead of the puree, just cut the pumpkin in half and roast it in the oven for 45 minutes on 395°F open side facing down. I just coated the open sides with some coconut oil and a pinch of salt, but it's completely optional.