This dish requires minimal ingredients, effort, is affordable, uses no vegan egg, has texture with the Panko, crispy, it’s perf for any season, perf for entertaining, non vegan approved, can easily be made in bulk, and just is hands down my fave Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!!
Buffalo Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head of cauliflower (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core.
- Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Create a separate bowl with the Panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in Panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt buffalo sauce with butter on the stove or in the microwave.
- Remove baked cauliflower bites from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower, but don't soak.
- Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Top with vegan Follow Your Heart blue cheese dressing and green onion and serve with carrots and celery.