This mocktail is a perfect balance of sweet, from the satsuma juice, and sour from the grapefruit juice. The fresh mint crushed into it will remind you of a mojito but the citrus flavors will be a bit more nuanced and subtle.
Bubbly Raw Satsuma and Mint Mocktail [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8-10 satsumas or clementines (about 2 cups juice total)
- 2 small grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- A large handful of mint leaves
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Sparkling water
- Remove the peel and pulp from the citrus and juice all of it together.
- In the bottom of your glass, add several mint leaves (about 10 or so), a tiny drizzle of maple syrup, and a splash of juice.
- Muddle the mint until it is bruised and very fragrant.
- Shake the juice really well, then pour it over the mint. Add around 3/4 cup of juice to each glass. Top the juice off with 2-4 tablespoons or so of sparkling water and ice as needed.