Brunch season is the best.There's nothing like gathering together to partake in that magical time between breakfast and lunch when savory and sweet collide. We just love it so! These pancakes are the perfect brunch staple for people who avoid gluten, dairy, nuts and eggs but who still like to load up on deliciousness.
Quinoa Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/16th tsp salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups soy or quinoa milk
- 2 tbsp. softened vegan butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- egg replacer for 2 eggs
- Whisk together quinoa flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in a stainless or glass bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, v-butter, vanilla, and egg replacer. Mix very well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat a well-oiled (use v-butter not oil, as this is important to achieve a "buttery" pancake flavor) pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot to the touch, pour batter onto the pan using a large mixing spoon. Let mixture cook until bubbles form, then lift one of the edges to make sure color is a rich dark brown. When desired color is achieved flip and cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from pan and top with a little more v-butter and maple syrup. Garnish with strawberries.
- Quinoa Flour