There is no shortage of flavor in this deliciously put together broccoli pepper curry! This Indian classic is perfect for lunch or dinner, and may become your favorite curry yet!
Broccoli Pepper Curry [Vegan]
- 1 large broccoli
- 2 bell peppers (ideally 1 orange and 1 red)
- 1 white onion
- 1/2 a red chilli pepper
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- a small handful of fresh curry leaves (if you can't find fresh a handful of dried would also do)
- 2 teaspoons medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Place onto a baking tray and into the oven at 390°F, for 30-40 minutes, until the broccoli is brown and crispy.
- In a large sauce pan place the curry powder, coriander, cumin and dry fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
- Thinly slice the onions, chilli and peppers. Add a little oil to the pan along with the onions and chilli, and fry until soft.
- Add the peppers and fry for another few minutes until the peppers are beginning to brown and soften.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk to the pan. Drop in the bay and curry leaves. Bring the curry to the boil and then reduce the heat and leave to simmer.
- Allow the curry to simmer for around 25-30 minutes.
- Once simmered stir in the oven cooked broccoli.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy, with rice and poppadoms for that real takeaway vibe.