This is the perfect appetizer because it requires almost no prep time and is sensationally tasty. This edamame is flavored with garlic, sesame, soy (or tamari), and a squirt of lime – it's an always-tasty combination of ingredients. And when you combine these winning flavors with an extremely hot pan and some edamame you get a delicious treat!
Blistered Edamame [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 package frozen edamame in pods, thawed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- wedge of lime (optional)
- Before starting this recipe, have everything prepped.
- In a small bowl combine tamari or soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Turn on your stove's exhaust fan.
- Place a large skillet over high heat and let the pan get very hot. Add the sesame oil to the pan.
- Carefully add the edamame (it can splatter) but don't stir it. Allow it to sear and blister for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tamari mixture and toss it to combine and continue to cook everything until sauce coats the edamame; no more than 2-3 minutes. Transfer edamame to a serving bowl.
- Sesame Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile