This is such a simple yet filling meal to put together. You can meal prep it or just make it the night of - either way, equally yummy!
Blanched Chard Dolmas [Vegan]
- 1 bunch of chard, blanched
- Dolmas Filling (below)
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup cooked grain of your choice
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or other brine olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 3 green onions, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (about 5 turns)
Blanched Chard Instructions
Cut the stems off from each Chard leaf, at the base.
Place the chard leaves in a large mixing bowl and pour boiling water over them. Let them sit for about a minute, then take them out of the water with a pair of tongs, and place them onto a clean kitchen towel or a clean cloth to absorb any liquid. Carefully pat each leaf dry.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the cooked grain, parsley, tomato, olives, dill, mint, green onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined. Store in the fridge until your Dolmas night.
Dolmas Assembly Instructions
Lay each blanched chard leaf onto your cutting board and add some Hummus down the middle of each leaf, followed by some Dolmas Filling.
Roll each leaf up as if rolling a burrito, tucking in the ends over and around the filling as you roll. If your chard leaf is large enough, you can slice it in half and make two dolmas out of it.
Make as many Dolmas as you want and place them seam side down on your plate. Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce before busting a move on those scrumptious rolls!