Need dish that is quick, easy, and filling? Brussels sprouts and other fresh, green veggies are stir fried with ginger, garlic, and sesame oil, then combined with black rice noodles. With sautéed Cremini mushrooms and soy sauce added, you have a dish that tastes umami and fresh while the rice noodles provide a pop of purple color that contrasts all the greenery.
Black Rice Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Black Rice Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 bundles black jasmine rice noodles
- Peanut oil, as needed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 leek, white part only
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- Soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A small piece of green chili peppers
- Toasted sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Italian parsley, minced
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
How to Prepare Black Rice Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook the rice noodles in salted water, drain, and mix with a teaspoon of peanut oil. Set aside.
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and divide them into individual leaves; what cannot be separated can be chopped thinly. Wash and tear the kale leaves into pieces of about 1-inch pieces. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Wash the leek thoroughly and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Warm up the oil in a wok or deep frying pan, add the grated ginger, grated garlic, chopped green chili pepper, and sliced leek. Stir fry until the leeks turn translucent and then add the Brussels sprouts, kale, and mushrooms.
- Stir fry for another 5 minutes, add the green peas, soy sauce, salt, and pepper and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the sliced spring onions, minced parsley, and rice noodles.
- Drizzle everything with sesame oil, put into bowls, and serve sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.