This vedic curry is simple to make and amazing to taste. This stores well in an air-tight glass container for 3-5 days in the fridge.
Black Chana Vedic Curry [Vegan]
- 1 cup well cooked Black Chana (need to be soaked overnight)
- 1 cup assorted Veggies (cauliflower, carrot, squash, potatoes)
- 2-3 tbsp dry Coconut Flakes
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed to make a curry consistency)
- Chopped cilantro and fresh squeeze of Lime juice
- Heat a stock pot to a low-medium flame.
- Add the oil and sauté the ginger-garlic paste for about 20 seconds.
- Later add the chopped veggies and the rest of the ingredients mentioned above except for the last two ingredients.
- After couple of minutes add approx. 1/2 – 1 cup of water and simmer it with a covered lid for about 15-20mins. This will allow all the veggies to be infused and cooked well with all the spices.
- Once the veggies are done add the cooked chana and simmer for another 10 mins (you may add more water at this point for it to simmer well in the stockpot).
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped cilantro and nice squeeze of lime juice. Now time to dig in…ENJOY!!