These vegan birthday cake ice cream sandwiches are so good, so easy, and so perfect in every way. The cake batter ice cream and rainbow sugar cookies by themselves are amazing, and putting them together creates the best dessert ever! Even if you don’t have any birthdays coming up, these babies will make everyday feel special! Have a very merry unbirthday!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
For the Cake Batter Ice Cream:
- 2 cups coconut cream, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups vegan vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
For the Rainbow Sugar Cookies:
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Make the ice cream the day before you want to serve these. Scoop the chilled coconut cream, just the thick white part, not the liquid into a large mixing bowl. With a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whip the coconut cream until it gets fluffy, start adding the powdered sugar a little at a time, whipping until it is all incorporated.
- Then start adding the cake mix a little at a time, whipping,until it is thick and fluffy. Then whip in the vanilla and a pinch of salt. When the everything is incorporated and your ice cream is thick, and firm, stir in the sprinkles.
- Pour into a freezer safe container, smooth out evenly, and freeze overnight.
- When you are ready to make the sandwiches, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the vegan butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Until fluffy and light.
- Make flax eggs, by mixing the flax and water in a small bowl, set aside to thicken for a minute. Add the flax eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time, mixing after each addition until fully incorporated. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Roll small scoops of dough in your hands and place on a prepared baking sheet, press down slightly to flatten. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Place a scoop of ice cream on one cookie, then top with a second. Roll in more sprinkles if you want. Store in the freezer.