You know my favorite kind of birthday gift? The homemade kind! Sure, it’s fun to buy things for people on special occasions — and it is more convenient and takes less time. But it’s not nearly as fun or thoughtful than making something fun with your own two hands. Sadly, I am not a crafty person, so I resort to making treats.
Birthday Bark [Vegan]
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of almond pieces (I take my almonds, put them in a Ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin – fun!)
- Melt the chocolate chips on a very low temperature on your stove top until they are all melted.
- Remove the pot from heat and slowly add in half of the almonds and stir until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into a small baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining broken almond pieces on top and put it in the freezer until set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the freezer and break into bite-sized pieces.