Beets are high in vitamin C, fiber, potassium, protein, folate, and manganese. They may help lower blood pressure, fight cancer, and support detoxification. They are also a vegetable that is higher in sugar than most, so don’t go overboard. These beet chips will make you fall in love with this nutrient packed veggie!
Beet Chips [Vegan]
- 6 beets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Cut off ends and slice beets very thin using a knife.
- Place in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss.
- Add more oil and salt if needed - you want them covered, not soaked.
- Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place beets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check evert 5-10 minutes and take out the beets that are curled and crispy. Total baking time will be close to one hour but be sure to watch the individual chips.